message board
English Spanish

General Discussion

FLY BALL

Postby Preston » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:15 am

Please advise whether a ball batted in an arc just over the infielders, above the head but not going (high) up in the air, and dropping behind the infielders with the outfielders having to run hard in to make the catch and missed; is this considered to be a FLY BALL. Also would it be a judgement call by the Plate Umpire as to the height of the fly ball in order to call it, in an Infield Fly situation. I need clarity please, because in my opinion the ball did not go high up into the air but arced over the infielders and the outfielder running in struggling to make the catch. Your response would be greatly appreciated.
Preston
Mail to Preston

Re: General Discussion

Postby Shawn » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:29 pm

Former college coach who has 10+ years experience in softball at collegiate level. I am interested in coaching overseas. Are there programs who are currently looking for someone with my experience and background? I look forward to hearing back and to the great opportunity of being part of an International program.

Shawn
Shawn
Mail to Shawn

Postby Marty Grant » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:17 am

Can I help you with your pitching, catching, hitting, defense, base running or softball specific conditioning?

Over 20 years of experience playing and coaching Junior to International level. "Learn, Play and Love ... The Game of Champions ..."

Marty Grant - martywah@gmail.com
Marty Grant
Mail to Marty Grant

Re: Looking for South American Club Teams for Friendlies in

Postby CHRISTOPHER JORDAN » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:53 pm

Hello, my name is Christopher Jordan and I'm the Managing Director of the Four Corners Softball Foundation based out of South San Francisco, California, USA. Our organization supports the role sport/softball plays in the positive development of female athletes in their personal, academic and professional lives. We also collect and donate softball gear around the world through help of our sister organization Baseball Without Borders Foundation. We are taking an 18U team to Peru in 2016 and we are looking for club teams or Junior National Teams in South America who want to partake in a series of friendlies. We are being hosted by the Federación Deportiva Peruana de Softbol. If anyone has any contacts, please share. It'd be much appreciated.

Please contact us at fcsf.info@gmail.com

Learn more about what we're doing on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/fourcornerssoftball

Thank you in advance.
CHRISTOPHER JORDAN
Mail to CHRISTOPHER JORDAN

New Softball Training App Available on iTunes

Postby Jenn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:38 pm

If you haven't heard of them, The Packaged Deal just released an awesome softball training app and I thought you all might be interested.

The FREE app for iOS can be downloaded on iTunes here: http://bit.ly/myPackagedDeal-App (upgrading unlocks additional videos and new content each month)

The Packaged Deal is an all-female collaborative of former D-1 softball players. Each of the women uses their passion for the game to teach softball skills and to mentor and inspire young girls.

Now, anyone can learn from world-class softball coaches anytime and anywhere with a series of videos on hitting, pitching, catching, defense, and important life lessons.

The app has been designed for use by athletes, parents, or coaches, and the free version offers ten videos. With a subscription, users can unlock additional videos, insider tips, and new content every month.

The website for the iOS app is: http://bit.ly/MPDAppWebsite
Jenn
Mail to Jenn

Softball in Malaysia

Postby Bryan Johnson » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Dear Coaches, Colleagues and Friends

As an International Instructor with the United States Sports Academy, I have had the good fortune and blessing to travel to Malaysia several times to teach sports and physical educators as part of the International Diploma in Physical Education and Sports Coaching (IDPESC for short) offered to Malaysia teachers through the United States Sports Academy. Throughout my travels I have always promoted softball, to which in the beginning, I got a lot of blank stares and questions related to "what is softball?" Last year, I stumbled across a group of kids practicing softball, and low and behold, it was a girls 16U High School softball team practicing for the state tournament (there is also a boys 16U team).

I am writing this to reach out to all the softball coaches I am connected to, whether we have met in person or just here on LinkedIn, softball is so new to Malaysia that many of these programs have little or no equipment to use for games or practices, or what they have is well-used or outdated. I am working with their coach to put together instructional camps during my next trip to Malaysia (next month), and together we are seeking any sort of equipment donations for their programs that we can find. They desperately need bats, gloves, or any aids such as practice ideas or plans, videos, etc... to aid the growth of softball in Malaysia, and to establish the sport further in Southeast Asia. If your a head coach, think of what it would mean to your community, school and program to have the chance to reach out to our softball brothers and sisters and help them along, much as we all were helped early in our careers. If your an assistant coach, encourage your head coach or school or community to become involved with the spread and growth of softball in Malaysia ahead of the 2020 Olympic games in Tokyo? And if your like me, a coach and player, rummage through your equipment, discover what you don't need that may be gently used, and donate it, And if your a softball retailer, here is an excellent opportunity to help softball in another country and to become involved in its growth outside the US. I certainly did and found not only things I can donate, but also technology, I have a hitting analysis program on my IPad, I plan to bring with me this trip to aid these wonderful ladies (guys too) and their coaches. Lets all make a difference in softball, please help me, us?

I can be reached through Facebook, LinkedIn, and by email at b_johnson827@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time.
Bryan Johnson
Mail to Bryan Johnson

Postby Melody » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:47 am

I have a daughter who is going to play in Austria for this upcoming year. We are trying to find out from others who have played in Europe what the level of play is like there? She played at a JUCO for two years and then an elite NAIA (they make it to the national tournament every year). Can anyone give some insight as to what we might be able to expect over there? Will it be like D1, D11, D111, NAIA, JUCO, or something else? We're especially interested in the pitching she will be facing. What's an average speed to expect? Anything anyone could contribute will help. Thanks so much!
Melody
Mail to Melody

Smart Softball

Postby Chez Sievers » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:16 am

Hello Everyone! My name is Coach Chez and I run a softball blog called Smart Softball. On Smart Softball, you will find useful podcasts, videos, forums, and blogs that are all free. My hope is help spread good softball information to help shorten the learning curve for coaches and players. Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.smart-softball.com

Coach
Chez Sievers
Mail to Chez Sievers

Re: ISF Hall of Fame nomination /General Discussion

Postby admin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:19 pm

rusty Dillingham wrote:I would like to ask for the 2nd time. What are the basic requirements for a player to be nominated for the ISF Hall of Fame. It used to be under the ISF CODE article 24 but this seems to be missing in your web site or very hard to find. I am with a national softball organization and just need this info please. How many years removed from play before one can be nominated. We are so very very sorry to be a bother to the ISF for having to answer this question that could have been answered yesterday and not in a snotty manner.

The ISF requirements for a player to be nominated to the ISF Hall of Fame is as follows: A player must be retired from ISF competition for at least four years. Players (1970-2012) must have competed in at least two world championships/regional games/Olympics. A player must have competed in international competition for a minimum period of six years, must be a member of his national federation's national team and have played in at least 20 game during ISF competition.

Please note that each national federation may have their own requirements outside of the ISF.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ISF Hall of Fame nomination /General Discussion

Postby rusty Dillingham » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 am

I would like to ask for the 2nd time. What are the basic requirements for a player to be nominated for the ISF Hall of Fame. It used to be under the ISF CODE article 24 but this seems to be missing in your web site or very hard to find. I am with a national softball organization and just need this info please. How many years removed from play before one can be nominated. We are so very very sorry to be a bother to the ISF for having to answer this question that could have been answered yesterday and not in a snotty manner.
rusty Dillingham
Mail to rusty Dillingham

Next

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008