message board
English Spanish

General Discussion

Re: Google Hangout to Discuss coaching questions & tips

Postby Chez Sievers » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello Everyone,
My name is Coach Chez. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a google hangout to discuss problems you may be having with your team or players hitting, throwing, fielding, etc. I would love to offer tips or drills to help you improve your team and players. Send me an email if you'd be interested.

coachchez@gmail.com
Chez Sievers
Mail to Chez Sievers

Re: General Discussion

Postby ISF » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Jens T wrote:Hello ISF,
I would like to know when we will be able to download the official 2014 rulebook??

The ISF rulebook will be available in about two weeks through our online merchandise store - shop.isfsoftball.org - however, it can be pre-ordered now. It will be available in electronic form through UmpSchool.
ISF
Mail to ISF

Postby Jens T » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:53 am

Hello ISF,
I would like to know when we will be able to download the official 2014 rulebook??
Jens T
Mail to Jens T

Postby International Softball Federation » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 pm

valerio wrote:2 questions
1. Is it correct that the running boundaries between each base is 6 ft when combining 3 ft inside and 3 ft outside the base path?
2. While running toward 1st base, the batter-runner is (not inside the 3 ft zone) hit by the ball thrown by the catcher about a foot to the base, the ref call him out for interference. Is this the right call?

1. The base path is a direct line from the runner to the base. The base path becomes established when the defensive player has the ball or is about to attempt the tag. See Rule 1 Section 7 The runner is out when he runs more than 0.91 meters (3 feet) on either side from the base path to avoid a being touched (tagged) by a fielder holding the ball. See Rule 8, Section 9 a.

2. The batter-runner is when he runs outside the one meter (3 feet) and in the umpires judgement interferes with a) the fielder taking the throw at 1B, or b) the thrown ball, preventing a fielder making a play at 1B, Note: A thrown ball striking a batter-runner does not necessarily constitute interference.
International Softball Federation
Mail to International Softball Federation

Postby valerio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 am

2 questions
1. Is it correct that the running boundaries between each base is 6 ft when combining 3 ft inside and 3 ft outside the base path?
2. While running toward 1st base, the batter-runner is (not inside the 3 ft zone) hit by the ball thrown by the catcher about a foot to the base, the ref call him out for interference. Is this the right call?
valerio
Mail to valerio

Postby Thomas » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:13 am

valerio langrine wrote:Is there any changes or new amendments to the ISF Rulebook.

New rule changes posted on ISF website
Thomas
Mail to Thomas

Postby International Softball Federation » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:22 pm

brent wrote:Anybody know the swchedule for the upcoming ball tournament in Almnatonte Springs in Jan 16 2014.

The schedule is available on the ISF website at the following link: http://isfsoftball.org/english/events/docs/isgu2014.pdf

Postby brent » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:07 am

Anybody know the swchedule for the upcoming ball tournament in Almnatonte Springs in Jan 16 2014.
brent
Mail to brent

Postby International Softball Federation » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:22 pm

valerio langrine wrote:Is there any changes or new amendments to the ISF Rulebook.

Rule changes will be discussed and voted on at the upcoming ISF Congress in October in Cartagena, Colombia.

Postby Marc Benjamin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm trying to get an email address for Fabian Barlow who used to coach the Australian women's national Team. Does anyone have an email address for him.

Marc Benjamin
Head Softball Coach
Barton Community College
Marc Benjamin
Mail to Marc Benjamin

Next

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008