message board
English Spanish

General Discussion

Re: ISF Hall of Fame nomination /General Discussion

Postby admin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:19 pm

rusty Dillingham wrote:I would like to ask for the 2nd time. What are the basic requirements for a player to be nominated for the ISF Hall of Fame. It used to be under the ISF CODE article 24 but this seems to be missing in your web site or very hard to find. I am with a national softball organization and just need this info please. How many years removed from play before one can be nominated. We are so very very sorry to be a bother to the ISF for having to answer this question that could have been answered yesterday and not in a snotty manner.

The ISF requirements for a player to be nominated to the ISF Hall of Fame is as follows: A player must be retired from ISF competition for at least four years. Players (1970-2012) must have competed in at least two world championships/regional games/Olympics. A player must have competed in international competition for a minimum period of six years, must be a member of his national federation's national team and have played in at least 20 game during ISF competition.

Please note that each national federation may have their own requirements outside of the ISF.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ISF Hall of Fame nomination /General Discussion

Postby rusty Dillingham » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 am

I would like to ask for the 2nd time. What are the basic requirements for a player to be nominated for the ISF Hall of Fame. It used to be under the ISF CODE article 24 but this seems to be missing in your web site or very hard to find. I am with a national softball organization and just need this info please. How many years removed from play before one can be nominated. We are so very very sorry to be a bother to the ISF for having to answer this question that could have been answered yesterday and not in a snotty manner.
rusty Dillingham
Mail to rusty Dillingham

Re: Hall of Fame nominations /General Discussion

Postby admin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Rusty Dillingham wrote:Dear ISF, Where can I find how to nominate a person for the ISF hall of Fame? The person would be in the player category. What are the basic requirements, and is there a formal application? Thank you for your help.

Only National Federations can submit ISF Hall of Fame nominations. If you have someone who you would like to nominate, please bring this to the attention of the national federation in your specific country.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hall of Fame nominations /General Discussion

Postby Rusty Dillingham » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:17 am

Dear ISF, Where can I find how to nominate a person for the ISF hall of Fame? The person would be in the player category. What are the basic requirements, and is there a formal application? Thank you for your help.
Rusty Dillingham
Mail to Rusty Dillingham

General Discussion

Postby hande öztürk » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 am

Dear everyone,
I am a former athlete and soon to become a lawyer. Currently, I am doing a study on the professional female athletes and the problems they encounter.So I made a questionnaire to collect data. If you are a woman and do/did sports on a Professional level or you are a man but know somebody that fits the criteria, I would appreciate the help.
The deadline is unfortunately little bit early and September 1.So if you are interested in answering a few questions, please send me an e-mail via handeozturkk@gmail.com so I can send you the questionnaire.
Thank you so much for the help, the more participants, the merrier the study.
hande öztürk
Mail to hande öztürk

Re: Google Hangout to Discuss coaching questions & tips

Postby Chez Sievers » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello Everyone,
My name is Coach Chez. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a google hangout to discuss problems you may be having with your team or players hitting, throwing, fielding, etc. I would love to offer tips or drills to help you improve your team and players. Send me an email if you'd be interested.

coachchez@gmail.com
Chez Sievers
Mail to Chez Sievers

Re: General Discussion

Postby ISF » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Jens T wrote:Hello ISF,
I would like to know when we will be able to download the official 2014 rulebook??

The ISF rulebook will be available in about two weeks through our online merchandise store - shop.isfsoftball.org - however, it can be pre-ordered now. It will be available in electronic form through UmpSchool.
ISF
Mail to ISF

Postby Jens T » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:53 am

Hello ISF,
I would like to know when we will be able to download the official 2014 rulebook??
Jens T
Mail to Jens T

Postby International Softball Federation » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 pm

valerio wrote:2 questions
1. Is it correct that the running boundaries between each base is 6 ft when combining 3 ft inside and 3 ft outside the base path?
2. While running toward 1st base, the batter-runner is (not inside the 3 ft zone) hit by the ball thrown by the catcher about a foot to the base, the ref call him out for interference. Is this the right call?

1. The base path is a direct line from the runner to the base. The base path becomes established when the defensive player has the ball or is about to attempt the tag. See Rule 1 Section 7 The runner is out when he runs more than 0.91 meters (3 feet) on either side from the base path to avoid a being touched (tagged) by a fielder holding the ball. See Rule 8, Section 9 a.

2. The batter-runner is when he runs outside the one meter (3 feet) and in the umpires judgement interferes with a) the fielder taking the throw at 1B, or b) the thrown ball, preventing a fielder making a play at 1B, Note: A thrown ball striking a batter-runner does not necessarily constitute interference.
International Softball Federation
Mail to International Softball Federation

Postby valerio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 am

2 questions
1. Is it correct that the running boundaries between each base is 6 ft when combining 3 ft inside and 3 ft outside the base path?
2. While running toward 1st base, the batter-runner is (not inside the 3 ft zone) hit by the ball thrown by the catcher about a foot to the base, the ref call him out for interference. Is this the right call?
valerio
Mail to valerio

Next

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008