message board
English Spanish

General Discussion

General Discussion

Postby Andrew Pettes » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:53 am

I am not a player, I am a coach looking for the right coaching situation abroad. I have coached Fastpitch Softball for many years, and I currently manage two travelball teams in the Southern California area. I am a teacher and I have a Masters Degree in Education.
Andrew Pettes
Mail to Andrew Pettes

General Discussion

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:28 pm

I am a player in Central America and I would just like to suggest that more information be available for softball within Central America. Central America is not a powerhouse in softball, but countries do play competitive softball. Currently the federations of the different countries have come together to create different means of competitive softball and showcasing many young talents, in both male and female divisions, yet no ifnormation is being related to the rest of the softball world. Currently there is a Champion of Champions held every year in both male and female which features the top softball clubs from the various countries. There is also youth tournaments held to develop the growth of the sport. I hope in the future there will be more information available about softball in Central America.
Charles
Mail to Charles

General Discussion

Postby Fabretto Francesca » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:24 am

Subject: SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTS IN ITALY
--------------------------------------
Hello,
I’m a softball coach in Italy.
Different Italian teams organize summer young tournaments in Italy (especially Girls, Cadets, Juniores).
They would like to invite US teams at their tournaments.
Therefore, I would like to know if any US club or association is interested to come and have a softball experience in Italy.

Some of the organizing clubs provide for everything (like board and lodging) so you have to pay for the trip only. Other clubs can provide for the meals and they find a good solution at low price for the lodging (like tents or similar).

Therefore if anybody is interested, please send me an email at my address quoted here below.

There would be also the possibility to do a softball exchange, so the Italian teams could come in the future to US.
It can be a very nice experience!

Thank you in advance for your help.
All the best

Francesca Fabretto
Softball Club Langhirano, Parma, Italy
Tel. +39.0521.798352 (office)
Cell. +39.347.3718326 (mobile)
Email otterbaf@hotmail.com
Fabretto Francesca
Mail to Fabretto Francesca

General Discussion

Postby Linda » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:21 am

A 12 and under coach is requiring the catchers to position themselves sideways at the plate. this would cause the protective equipment to be useless from what I can see. Is this an acceptable practice? Why would he want them to do this?
Linda
Mail to Linda

General Discussion

Postby Joyce » Tue May 31, 2005 11:29 am

Hi .....I’m Joyce.I’m a softball player.3-5 December 2005 we will hold the competition Chian Mai open softball championship 2005 if you interest please mail to me.
Joyce
Mail to Joyce

General Discussion

Postby Bruce » Wed May 18, 2005 11:41 pm

Anybody know of a good stats website to use for my team? I want to keep hitting stats mostly...and maybe pitching stats too. The cheaper the better. Thanks, Bruce
Bruce
Mail to Bruce

General Discussion

Postby Gilles Laframboise » Wed May 18, 2005 12:29 pm

Message: Hi everyone, would it be accepted to play with a bat from the sambat company? (they make wood bat for the major league in Canada and the US) do the company needs to register in order to use their product? ps they qualify regarding your spec but it’s not written on it Official Softball. thank you in advance yours Gilles Laframboise
Gilles Laframboise
Mail to Gilles Laframboise

General Discussion

Postby Ryan Derosier » Tue May 17, 2005 2:20 pm

Could anyone please help me get in touch with Lynsey Engelker (TECHNICAL ASSISTANT) for the Us SoftbalTeam. I am a long lost friend in Arizona. Email me at azstyle01@yahoo.com
Ryan Derosier
Mail to Ryan Derosier

General Discussion

Postby Doreen Hernandez » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am

Could anyone tell me are there any US teams signed up to compete in the 2005 WOrld Master Games in Canada? I am interested in competing and would like to participate with team from US. Age group 35-44 play shortstop but am willing to play any position to compete. Please contact me @ spordyd@aol.com Thanks Doreen
Doreen Hernandez
Mail to Doreen Hernandez

General Discussion

Postby HARRY DOWNS » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:55 pm

I’M LOOKING FOR A MODIFIED SOFTBALL LEAGUE IN SAN BERNANDINO OR RIVERSIDE COUNTY CALIFORNIA, I HAVE A TEAM, WE NEED TO FIND A LEAGUE TO PLAY. IF ANYONE KNOW OF A LEAGUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS: HARRY
HARRY DOWNS
Mail to HARRY DOWNS

Previous

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008