message board
English Spanish

Our National Team

Our National Team

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:44 pm

I agree Lisa Fernandez is an awsome player, and I would give anything to see her play live, but, gee, what’s the USA without her? Not that I can brag (being from Australia), but is it not odd that the US have lost the last 2 international tournaments including 3 in a row to Japan? Would they be coming back to the pack?
Mark
Mail to Mark

Our National Team

Postby Gerald Latz » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:46 am

Team USA is awesome. Having said that, I have something to say about Lisa Fernandez.
There’s no doubt that Lisa was a major factor in making Team USA what it is today. She has helped Team USA dominate
International softball, including 3 straight Olympic Gold Medals and numerous
World Championships. She has proven that
she is one of the best players ever to have played on the U.S. National Team. With softball being eliminating from the
Olympics after 2008, it would be a grand
gesture on her part to step aside and give
one of the younger players a chance to win what could one be the last Olympic Medals
awarded in International Softball.
Gerald Latz
Gerald Latz
Mail to Gerald Latz

Our National Team

Postby Emily E. » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:34 am

Yesterday I went to go see the World Cup in Oklahoma City. USA Dominated all! Well congradulations USA, and if they weren’t taking softball out of the olympics, i would definitely be there one day...but yall did awesome!
Emily E.
Mail to Emily E.

Our National Team

Postby Mtasa » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:15 am

We are rebuilding our team at the moment and I am appealing to all those would want to assist to avail themselves. Areas of need are equipment, uniforms, technical (coaching and umpiring) and of course financially. I am sure many of you are aware of the situation our country is going through at the moment and to expect the Government to support Sport is out of the question. We are to have training Camps at least 4 before December. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Mandishona Mtasa President; ZBSA
Mtasa
Mail to Mtasa

Our National Team

Postby Johannes Bongo Tsimako » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:46 am

I would like to congratulate the Botswana Men’s National Team on a splendid performance against all odds in the 2004 World Men’s Championship in NZ. The Botswana team continously goes through a rough time in proving that softball in the country is the outstanding performer both regionally and internationally. The Botswana Softball Association has put in a clear and focused strategic plan to make sotfball a game of the future. Please support and encourage softball growth in Botswana. Its the greatest family sport which we should all help develop and sustain.
Johannes Bongo Tsimako
Mail to Johannes Bongo Tsimako

Previous

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008