message board
English Spanish

Support Olympic Softball

Re: Support Olympic Softball

Postby tsepang morie » Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 am

Monique Fuiava wrote:Greetings from sunny California :D

My name is Monique Fuiava and I plate softball since I was 7 years old. I grew up in Lynwood and had the best opportunity to play at the University of Oregon from 2007-2011. After I graduated, I played and coached in Germany for the summer and came home to coach one of the varsity teams at a local high school.

Softball was the only sport I loved, and when I found out it was taken out of the Olympic Games.. I was upset!

I've always dreamed of the opportunity to represent my homeland in the Olympic Games, and now.. All I can do is train and wait!

I'd love the opportunity to step on the field one last time representing my country this time! I know many other girls also felt this same way playing ball!

Let's bring softball back to the Olympics!

I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF THIS MOVEMENT!
tsepang morie
Mail to tsepang morie

Postby Monique Fuiava » Mon May 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Greetings from sunny California :D

My name is Monique Fuiava and I plate softball since I was 7 years old. I grew up in Lynwood and had the best opportunity to play at the University of Oregon from 2007-2011. After I graduated, I played and coached in Germany for the summer and came home to coach one of the varsity teams at a local high school.

Softball was the only sport I loved, and when I found out it was taken out of the Olympic Games.. I was upset!

I've always dreamed of the opportunity to represent my homeland in the Olympic Games, and now.. All I can do is train and wait!

I'd love the opportunity to step on the field one last time representing my country this time! I know many other girls also felt this same way playing ball!

Let's bring softball back to the Olympics!

I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF THIS MOVEMENT!
Monique Fuiava
Mail to Monique Fuiava

Support Olympic Softball

Postby IMRAN ZAMAN » Mon May 27, 2013 11:05 am

SOFTBALL WOULD BE IN OLYMPICS.

I belong to Pakistan and always tried to enhance the sports activities in youth specially in children. And Softball is a very wonderful sport for new generation.

Many people and players would be happy to select the Softball in Olympics.
IMRAN ZAMAN
Mail to IMRAN ZAMAN

Postby abhijit » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 am

Sarah miller wrote:Hi, I'm a 30 year old softball player from india and I fully support brining softball back into the Olympics. It is a sport. It is a passion. And most definitely is in fashion. By not bringing the sport back into the Olympics you are crushing lots of young athletic boyes dreams, including mine. I can guarantee you that more people would be interested in the Olympics if you brought back softball. Softball is way more popular than most of the other sports in the runner up. I mean come on, rugby? Are we really that lame? golf? I don't think so. If you are reading this right now just know that by not bringing softball back you are a crushing dreams, decreasing the viewer percentage, and over all drawing less attention to the Olympics. This is only the start. You watch when pretty soon all we have left in the Olympics is wimpy British sports like bad-mitten. No offense intended.

Thanks, abhijit ingole
abhijit
Mail to abhijit

Postby abhijit » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:44 am

Erica wrote:Ever since I was a kid I have been playing softball and always loved it. I had set long term goals, one in which is to be apart of the INDIAN team and win gold. This has always been my goal since I was fifteen. When I found out they might not be in Rio I automatically started crying feeling has if a little piece of me has been cut off. I hope softball will return to the Olympics so I can complete my and others dreams.
abhijit
Mail to abhijit

Postby Sarah miller » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 am

Hi, I'm a 13 year old softball player from Michigan and I fully support brining softball back into the Olympics. It is a sport. It is a passion. And most definitely is in fashion. By not bringing the sport back into the Olympics you are crushing lots of young athletic girls dreams, including mine. I can guarantee you that more people would be interested in the Olympics if you brought back softball. Softball is way more popular than most of the other sports in the runner up. I mean come on, rugby? Are we really that lame? golf? I don't think so. If you are reading this right now just know that by not bringing softball back you are a crushing dreams, decreasing the viewer percentage, and over all drawing less attention to the Olympics. This is only the start. You watch when pretty soon all we have left in the Olympics is wimpy British sports like bad-mitten. No offense intended.

Thanks, Sarah miller
Sarah miller
Mail to Sarah miller

Postby Maine man » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Wonderful. Merge with baseball. Aren't you the International SOFTBALL Federation? Why wouldn't you support men's fastpitch? What a joke!! You and your ASA brothers do NOTHING to support men's fastpitch softball and this is further proof. It's very sad that you don't even try to support the male game.
Maine man
Mail to Maine man

Postby Kaitlyn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm

I agree that softball needs to make a comeback into the Olympics. These female athletes are tremendous role models for young women and girls around the world. There is not reason these female athletes should not be recognized for the hard work and dedication that they put into their sport. I played softball for ten years growing up and it is still something that I am very involved with. It helped me make new friends and taught me many valuable life lessons, such as being on time and being committed. I feel that softball was wrongly removed from the Olympic program and we should do everything in our power to help bring it back to the glorious Olympic arena where it bleongs.
Kaitlyn
Mail to Kaitlyn

Postby Eloïse » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 pm

I am a french softball player, and I'm so desapointed there's not softball at the olympics this summer! When i'm watching the olympics on Tv, I just think that 4 years ago in Beijing there was softball!! And when I see that there are sports like tennis, or you know, soccer or even beach volley what is the same as volleyball, it's so amazing!!! why there isn't softball??!!! I really love softball, and I want it back for the olympics in 2020! All french softball players want it!!! That's very impportant for us so please let it get back!!! :D
Eloïse
Mail to Eloïse

Postby Erica » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 pm

Ever since I was a kid I have been playing softball and always loved it. I had set long term goals, one in which is to be apart of the American team and win gold. This has always been my goal since I was five. When I found out they might not be in Rio I automatically started crying feeling has if a little piece of me has been cut off. I hope softball will return to the Olympics so I can complete my and others dreams.
Erica
Mail to Erica

Next

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008