message board
English Spanish

Support Olympic Softball

Support Olympic Softball

Postby gopinath » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:09 pm

it is a big mistake made by ioc by taking softball out of the olympics. such a good game u will never get, in this game as player-he or she has to be fit mentally & physically & this game have privilege & opportunities to take part in one of the world’s exciting sport maintaining discipline & team work.
gopinath
Mail to gopinath

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Cortni May » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:09 am

THIS IS VERY STUPID. YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE PLAYED SOFTBALL SINCE YOU WERE 4 YEARS YOU MAY UNDERSTAND. YOUR GONNA TAKE SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL OUT? WELL GUESS WHAT? WHY DON’T YOU TAKE OUT GOD DANG WATER POLO OR SOCCER, CURLING, FENCING, SYNCRONIZED SWIMMING AND DIVING,? BORING....... THIS TIME YOU REALLY MADE THE WRONG DECISION.I WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY OF PART OF THE OLYPICS UNTIL YOU PUT BOTH OF THESE GAMES BACK IN THE OLYMPICS... THANK YOU
Cortni May
Mail to Cortni May

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Sarah Wieman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:18 pm

I can’t believe they stopped softball in the olympics. I have played softball for as long as I can remember and I love it. It is just as good as, and takes just as much talent as any other sport out there. Why did they do that. They need to put it back in!
Sarah Wieman
Mail to Sarah Wieman

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Softball » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:16 pm

I need an assassinator.
Please contact me about Mr. Jacques Rogge.
Thank you.
Softball
Mail to Softball

Support Olympic Softball

Postby alicia » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:02 am

Those who haven’t put their name on a petition to put softball back into the Olympics go to softball.com and there will be a link to put a message on there and to put your name on it too. Get as many names as you can on this one and every one that you see. Send it to your friends and everyone that knows the sport of softball. Lets make this be a huge movement and get softball where it belongs and thats in the olympics.
alicia
Mail to alicia

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Felicia Hager » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:26 am

Imagine my dismay when I received a call at work from my thirteen year old daughter who was sobbing uncontrollably from just hearing the news about softball being taken out of the 2012 Olympic games. Her dream since the age of 9 has been to one day play for the United States Olympic team. How do you console an honor student who gives 100% effort to her academics and her beloved sport of softball. What message are we sending to our young female athletes who want to succeed not only academically but athletically as well.

We encourage them to look up to wonderful role models like Lisa Fernandez and Jennie Finch and then, as they try to emulate their idols, the IOC crushes their dreams.

It is one thing for a young athlete to give it their all yet fail to reach their goal due to either physical or personal limitations. It is entirely different when they are not even afforded the opportunity of realizing their dream because of an unjust decision made by a group of people who obviously do not know the importance and impact softball has on thousands of young female athletes.

The IOC needs to reconsider and put softball back into the Olympic Games permanently.
Felicia Hager
Mail to Felicia Hager

Support Olympic Softball

Postby alvaro » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:30 am

hola mira eres mi jugadora favorita espero que sigas asi yo tambien soy pichert de softball quiciera que me dieras una tecnica de agarre y movimientos espero que ayudes chao te admiro.....
alvaro
Mail to alvaro

Support Olympic Softball

Postby dan bridgforth » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:28 pm

Nike used to have a poster about allowing girls to play sports- that they would grow to have greater educational opportunities, less likely to become teen mothers, more likely to leave an abusive relationship, and so on. I’ve coached several hundred young ladies in several sports over the past decade, and have seen this in action. It isn’t about won-loss records for coaches and building organizations, it’s about building young ladies who grow up confident and competent, who handle opportunity and adversity equally well. At the end of the day, T-Ball or Team USA, it’s all about little girls in short pants.

Come on, IOC- let them play.
dan bridgforth
Mail to dan bridgforth

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Meghan Reddeman » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:46 am

I’m a junior in highschool and have always dreamed of playing on the USA team, Once I heard the mentioning of taking softball out of the olympics I was shocked, for them to take away softball is taking away a sense of pride for every girl out there whos ever dreamed of playing. Is it really worth it to disappoint millions of girls out there with a dream? This team shows more heart and devotion then any other olympic sport out there and I support them 100%
Meghan Reddeman
Mail to Meghan Reddeman

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Alexandra Athens » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:31 am

I am a junior in high school and had hopes of someday playing in the olympics. Is there a petition we can start to get the olympic committee to reconsider? Please let me know. I am very dedicated to this!

Alex
Alexandra Athens
Mail to Alexandra Athens

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008