message board
English Spanish

Support Olympic Softball

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Alexandra Athens » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:31 am

I am a junior in high school and had hopes of someday playing in the olympics. Is there a petition we can start to get the olympic committee to reconsider? Please let me know. I am very dedicated to this!

Alex
Alexandra Athens
Mail to Alexandra Athens

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Pam Schwarzlose » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:37 am

My daughters are 8 and 5 years old. They are heartbroken. My 8 year old cried!!! Why are they taking away my sport? She asked me. She plays girls pitching machine. I had to tape the Olympic softball games of the past Olympics so she could watch them when she got home from school. She is so disappointed!! Mom, we have to do something about this, she herself said. We were watching the Softball World Cup when we heard about it. I couldn’t believe it! She loves Jenny Finch!! Her dream, as so many other little girls, is to play softball in the olympics. How do we encourage our young girls to participate and join sports, when we turn around and take it away from them?
Pam Schwarzlose
Mail to Pam Schwarzlose

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Lisa » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:19 am

Softball is my life and my passion! I see my dreams being taken away from me and there is nothing I can do about it. There are thousand of young women who feel nothing but disappointment.
Lisa
Mail to Lisa

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Alyssa » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:59 am

softball should stay an Olympic sport because i have played softball forever and i would die if the next summer Olympics didn’t have softball that’s the biggest reason why i watch the olyimpics because i love to watch Jennie Finch and Cat Osterman they are my favorite softball players and it wouldn’t be right if they couldn’t play and try there hardest to bring back a gold medal for the USA.
Alyssa
Mail to Alyssa

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Ruth Glass » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:18 pm

I have grown up around softball and baseball since i was little wheather it was watching my brothers play or I was playing softball. The game has been apart of my life and it can’t be separated. I watch USA Softball and all the World Series tournaments between the international teams. I have had a dream since i was little to be the best and to once play on the USA team and represent the United States in front of the entire world. This is my dream still no how far fetched it may be. It might be crushed by the Olympics because they think that softball does not have enough competion or for other reasons beyond insanity. I believe it is the wrong choice to take it off the list of sports at the Olympics because I’m not the only girl or person who has had this dream. It is a good, clean, and well supported sport all around the world. Softball can not be neglected and thrown out because it will do damage to good players like Finch and Kretchman. They need to play at that level and sure that is a dream crusher for them to take away the Olympics at this high point in their careers. As you can see, I am very passionate on this topic and i hope that the committee who decides what sports to have in the olympics will decide to put it back in.
Ruth Glass
Mail to Ruth Glass

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Erica Burkey » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:58 pm

Hi i am Erica age 14 from springfield Ohio( that is the little town by youngstown). let me tell u a little about me. I love softball, i have played since i was 5. I am in the 9 grade.i would at the softball fields everyday. I think it is so unfair to cut softball from the olympics. I love that sport i have done it since i was little. I am a pitcher, i am pretty good. I have a best friend named becca me and her dreamed about going to the olympics. Now thoes dreams are runned. Its so not fair so many girls have worked so hard dreaming of the day they could go to the olympics. I would wake up at 2 in the morrning just to watch are girls play.People say why did the women not have a say.This is a womens sport so they should have the most to say, yet not one did so how is that fair. I also heard that the reason they cut softball was that it was because the U.S. had a very good team and won alot. Well maybe the other teams should try harder in that area.( not saying that they dont already). As i said many girls play yet not many play sports such as water polo. So what i am trying to say is, why cut softball when not many people like water polo. And if the reason they cut softball is because no one watches it, its because it is on so early. So i beg you please bring softball back. I would do anything for that sport. If there is any way i can help please let me know. I know i may be young but I can do alot.
Erica 14
Erica Burkey
Mail to Erica Burkey

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Sharon K » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:37 am

I am just wondering how many WOMEN were involved in the IOC vote!?! Are there any women who stood up for softball at that meeting? I have a feeling that it was a vote that was predominately male and therefore just linked the sport with baseball. I do know that there are many men who fully support softball and I am not refering to them when I write this, but we need more female representation! This is the only Olympic sport that is only played by women and they killed it! I demand a revote! BRING SOFTBALL BACK !!!
Sharon K
Mail to Sharon K

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Angela Cambell » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:33 pm

I think the decision to take softball out of the olympics is ridiculous. The ioc should be trying to encourage growth in all sports. By taking softball out of the olympics they are shattering the dreams of many young players and showing a lack of support for the sport of softball!!!
Angela Cambell
Mail to Angela Cambell

Support Olympic Softball

Postby GoDsBaLlA__00 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:10 am

I am a 12&under softball player.I heard about the IOC taking softball out of the olympics and immediately felt I had to do something about it!One of my dreams was(and still is)to play in the Olympics.I feel that if they take softball out of the Olympics that it will shatter the dreams of many young athletes all over the world.I thought I definitly had a future in softball and then heard about what the IOC is doing and it all came to a stop.I was mad,sad and I felt defeated.I wanted to be one of the girls wearing a red,white and blue uniform playing as hard as they could(and getting as dirty as possible)against the Japanese,Canadian,and Chinese softball teams.And if the IOC takes softball out of the Olympics I’ll never get to do that.SOFTBALL ROX MY SOX(filled with dirt after a softball game)OFF!
GoDsBaLlA__00
Mail to GoDsBaLlA__00

Support Olympic Softball

Postby ISF » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:04 am

Our thanks to everyone for their continued support. We encourage you all to stay behind softball, and invite you to read our official statement on the 2012 Olympic programme situation on the Press Releases page of this website. - Sincerely, the International Softball Federation (ISF)
ISF
Mail to ISF

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008