message board
English Spanish

Support Olympic Softball

Support Olympic Softball

Postby F.M. » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:20 am

Women’s fastpitch softball is not baseball. Whatever problems baseball has, taking them out on softball is wrong. What is worse is removing 120 women from international competition.
F.M.
Mail to F.M.

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Kristen » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:30 am

I am outraged by the ridiculous vote by the IOC to remove baseball and softball from the 2012 olympics. The IOC has destroyed the dreams of many young players worldwide. They claim that softball is a one country race, but how can the other countries try to defeat the United States when there is no games to play in. Softball is an up and coming sport and has not been given enough time to gain popularity from other countries. I think the IOC should make their motto... Destroying dreams one sport at a time. Pour out with support for softball in the 2008 olympics and show them it should stay!!!!!! SUPPORT SOFTBALL!!!!!
Kristen
Mail to Kristen

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Stacey » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:17 am

What a riduculous decision by the Olympic Committee. Softball is a great sport and should remain a part of the Olympics. Softball is played by many internationally and has come to be a very competetive sport world wide, not just by Americans. Yes, the US has won the Gold all three times since first starting in 1996 (GO USA!!!), but what about the teams out there who strive to beat the US and win the Gold, now they will not have the chance unless they wait and see if softball returns in after London. I wonder if there is any sort of petition that could get it back on the schedule, I’ll have to check that out...I am sure all the softball fans in the world would help out.
Stacey
Mail to Stacey

Support Olympic Softball

Postby Bethany » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:28 am

Softball and Baseball should stay Olympics sports because they are very poular internationaly. They just want to get in a different sport that America can’t win.
Bethany
Mail to Bethany

Support Olympic Softball

Postby huang shu te » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:12 am

SOFTBALL IS VERY GOOD. I THINK IT SHOULD BE
A EVENT OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES.IF THERE IS NO
SOFTBALL, IT IS A BIG LOSS TO ALL SPORTS FANS.
huang shu te
Mail to huang shu te

Previous

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008