message board
English Spanish

General Discussion

Re: General Discussion

Postby Ton » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm the general secretary of the Dutch Base- and Softball Club Birds, located in Zoetermeer, the Netherlands (Europe) between the cities of Amsterdam and Rotterdam.

Birds (in short) also train young streetkids (14-17 year) to become a decent baseballplayer in order to give them the opportunity to choose for the right path to go in life (f.i. becoming a member of the sportclub). Ultimate goal is to reduce the number of crime in our area, like robberies, burglaries etc.

Well, since we do that, IKEA the Netherlands nominated Birds as a charity to win a clubhouse makeover, worth € 7500 ($ 10,000,=), For that, we need to have received the most votes of all 5 charities by fridaynight 11.59 pm.

Therefore, in a lot of ways we have already collected many votes during the last 3 weeks, but we really need more votes since we are now nr 2 and we hate losing from a bunch of scouts.

Are you willing to spend a minute and to please vote for our club ? You may vote with any emailaddress you have at Hjartawens, choose the last item (BIRDS) and click on the red box with "stem hier" (means vote here).

Then please enter your emailaddress and click on "verstuur", what means "send". Once you have send your emailaddress IKEA will send you an email asking to confirm this. Just do that and that's all.

You can enter as many emailaddresses you have.

It would be my pleasure to announce here saturday that your support have made us winning this makeover. In any way, thanks a lot. Ton
Ton
Mail to Ton

Pitching and Signals

Postby Hans » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi all,

I need some comments with regards to pitching and signals.

In the POE for Pitching Regulation (dated 15 March 2011) it is stated in Part 2 Signals;

 The signal must be taken while standing on the pitcher’s plate.
 A signal may be taken.
 Looking at the catcher is the same as taking the signal.
The hands must be separated while taking the signal. The ball may be held in either the bare hand or in the glove.
 The ball may be in front, to the side or behind the body.

And moving onto Part 3 Prelimary to Delivery and so forth.

My queries is - can the pitcher continue to received signals when he/she has brought both hands together during the 2~5 seconds (the pause)?

And what should the umpire rule when
1. the pitcher acknowledges the signal(s) during the pause
2. the pitcher does not acknowledge the signal during the pause

Thanks and regards,

Hans
Hans
Mail to Hans

Re: General Discussion

Postby Charles » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Josh wrote:I am looking to play on a team in the San Jose area. I've been playing for 20 years now and miss playing it since moving here. Anyone have any information. I know they play in Parque Sabana but I'm looking for information on how to get plugged into a team. Thanks.

Hey Josh, I play in La Sabana. There is currently slow, modified and fastpitch. The best way would be to show up there on the weekends, look at what your are dealing with, as fas as teams and their behavior, and talk to someone from that team about joining. Hope this helps.
Charles
Mail to Charles

General Discussion

Postby Josh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:48 am

I am looking to play on a team in the San Jose area. I've been playing for 20 years now and miss playing it since moving here. Anyone have any information. I know they play in Parque Sabana but I'm looking for information on how to get plugged into a team. Thanks.
Josh
Mail to Josh

Return to Message Board

agfi asoif olympic beijing 2008